Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Detox

Once again, JJ Virgin was energetic, dynamic, and full of knowledge and information. If you felt like you should be changing your entire lifestyle today, I hope you weren't left feeling overwhelmed or discouraged. With so much information thrown at us in such a short period of time, I thought it was helpful to just focus on making one commitment for change. Maybe there are a couple of things that you will incorporate in your life going forward? Perhaps it's more fiber in your diet, eating less sugar, passing on the splenda, or trying to break a sweat everyday? Hopefully, this morning gave you the fuel to get enthusiastic about your health.
And let's face it, if you get healthy, inevitably, so will your family!

Of course, God wants us to take good care of our earthly bodies that He has given us. After all, it is the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.
As moms, I believe it's also important so that we can be an active participant and role model in the lives of our young children.

Much in the same way that JJ encouraged us to detoxify our bodies, God's word says that we need to remain pure and rid ourselves from everything that contaminates our bodies and souls. We live in such a toxic culture today don't we? Even as Christians, we are not safe from all the "junk" in this world.

Let's look at what God's word says...

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
~1 Corinthians 10:31

Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
~2 Corinthians 7:1

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is---his good, pleasing and perfect will.
~Romans 12:2

By the way, in keeping with my new commitment, I write this as I skip my caffeine free Diet-Coke for my tall glass of water. Oh, yum! :)

Have a great week, ladies!

Blessings,
Catherine

--

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Don't laugh too hard, but I went home and ate a bowl full of raw broccoli. I then broke the news to Anna that she couldn't have any more juice. A while later, I drank 3 glasses of water. Oh yeah, I also broke a sweat moving stuff from the infant room. Honost, no joking!

Danielle said...

Well said Catherine, focus on making one commitment for change at a time. It was definitely some great insite and a lot of information to take in.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny! I gotta keep working on my fiber. 50 gms is a lot of fiber....I don't know how on earth I'm gonna do that, but I'm giving it a whirl!