Friday, October 10, 2008

God's Faith & Grace

Written by Hailey White

We were blessed this week to have our very own Catherine Gough share her testimony with us. I don’t know about you but I was captivated the entire time. I found the Lord speaking directly to me about how truly amazing he is to bring two lives together to serve Him.

Wasn’t their love story wonderful? Catherine shared how she was looking for love in all the wrong places and it wasn’t until she ended an unhealthy relationship that the Lord used that wise decision to change the course of her life. She also shared how Lisa Beamer’s testimony in her book “Let’s Roll” gave her a desire for a purpose driven life, something she had always wanted. I was mesmerized listening to the perfect orchestration of their marriage and how the Lord used Catherine’s new found salvation a year into their marriage to ignite her husbands love for the Lord that he was once so passionate for. Isn’t God amazing?

The best part was that her story didn’t end there. She went on to share how the Lord closed her womb to open up her heart. She shared their path towards adoption and how faith untested is faith unchanged. With pictures of her adopted twin girls Faith and Grace on the overhead screen, I welled up inside, selfishly imagining that if they had never adopted those beautiful girls that I wouldn’t have had the chance to know them. I suppose that’s how the Lord feels about us, wanting us to know that He knows us, and wanting us to be adopted into His family.

“he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure, and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins in accordance with the riches of God’s grace...” Ephesians 1:5-7

Catherine closed by sharing her calling with us. To raise her children to Love the Lord, and to glorify God in all she does.

What about you? Share with us how Catherine’s story impacted your life?
--

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Truly heartfelt. I have been blessed to know Catherine and her amazing family. Catherine said it perfect to me one time that the women she surrounds herself with she finds something special in all of them, something that draws her to them, something in them she wants for herself. The same as I see in her. There are so many traits about Catherine that make me want to be a more faithful daughter to the Lord. It's a blessing to have her as my friend and her story touched my heart and reminded me that those great friends that we all search so hard to find at times are right there in front of us. Everything does happen for a reason and God is that reason. Thank you Catherine for sharing a glimpse of your life with us. Love you!