Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fireproof

We'd love to hear from anyone who saw the movie Fireproof this weekend. My husband and I went on Saturday night to a packed movie theatre. We had to sit in the 5th row! By the way, it was great to see some of you there! From what I understand, it was equally packed on Friday night. Fireproof is an inspiring movie starring Kirk Cameron (The Way of the Master). It's about a couple whose marriage is on the brink of divorce. Unlike other Hollywood movies, this one reminds us that love is not simply a feeling, it is a choice. God wants us to make that choice everyday, much in the same way that He chooses to love us. We came home and immediately got online to order our copy of the Love Dare book! As the book says, "Whether your marriage is hanging by a thread or healthy and strong, The Love Dare is a journey you need to take. It’s time to learn the keys to finding true intimacy and developing a dynamic marriage. Take the dare!" It has sold over 500,000 copies so far!

Please go and support this inspiring movie! And don't forget your Kleenex!

Blessings,
Catherine

--

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chad and I saw it on Friday night in the packed theater. We got there 20 minutes early and had a hard time finding a seat! The movie was soooo good! We walked out of there with my husband saying "It's one of the best movies he's seen and better than any church sermon he's heard on marriage" - Pretty powerful if you ask me! I HIGHLY recommend it to any married couple!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I loved the movie.It was so nice to see a movie that didnt have all the filth in it. We laughed, cried, cheered and at the end feeling so refreshed.Friday night was packed and so far it is #3 at the box office. PRAISE GOD!

The Letter 'W' said...

We loved it as well! I'm interested to hear what you think of the book...