Wednesday, September 24, 2008

M2M Begins!

Kerri welcomes us.

The tables are full!

Our guest speaker, Kelly Asbell and her family (with Bridgette).

What an awesome morning we had! Could you feel the excitement and energy? OK, maybe it was just me. There are so many new faces at M2M! As you could tell, our morning registration table was a little taken aback by the wave of women that came this morning. The first day is always a little hectic but God is so good to provide. Speaking of provide... how about all those loving childcare volunteers? We couldn't even have this ministry without them. Thank you for watching our kids!

Our first guest speaker was Bridgette's friend, Kelly Asbell. She and her family are here visiting from Indiana. Boy, did she have a story to tell! I was touched by her testimony and judging from the sniffles that I heard around me, so were some of you. It reminded me of Ephesians 3:20. "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."

That just reminds me that God has bigger plans for us than we can even dream up for ourselves! The key is learning to submit to His will and so often, it requires a surrendering of our own. Therein lies the journey. It's one that I have experienced first-hand and I can tell you that it leads to freedom, true joy, peace, and a down-pouring of blessing after blessing.

I love the fact that Kelly is consciously leaving a legacy of faith to her children. Whether we struggle with an illness like Cystic Fibrosis or not, let's face it, we all have an unknown and limited amount of time left on this earth. I cannot think of a better gift to leave our children than the gift of faith.

We hope that you enjoyed this first morning of M2M. It was a privilege to be with all of you today. You are in our prayers!

Blessings,
Catherine

*We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment and let us know that you stopped by.



12 comments:

The Letter 'W' said...

Catherine,
You are doing a great job on the
M2M blog!

Shannon B. said...

There was hardly a dry eye at our table! It was good to see a lot of new ladies and meet back up with familiar friends. Thanks!
Shannon Berg

Unknown said...

Great post Catherine! You summed up everything so well! I'm so glad you're at my table and I can get to know you better this year!

The Plonski Family said...

I didn't know what to expect from this morning. All I know is God overwhelmed me with excitement and joy this morning, I am still grinning from ear to ear! Kelly's testimony was so inspiring and I look forward to next week with great anticipation! PS- the blog is ADORABLE :)

Hailey said...

Kelly was amazing! She touched my heart and reminded me that life is so short and to be intentional about everything.

I also LOVED seeing the place so busy and all the new faces! Looking forward to this new year so much - it's glad to be back!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see so many new mom's there today! God always does an amazing job to provide for us. Thank you god for bringing Kelly and her family. Catherine I love the blog thing!!!

Becky said...

It was my first time and I left M2M feeling refreshed like never before. It is so nice being around other mom's who are experiencing the same things as I am.

Kelly's story was so heart wrenching, yet inspirational. Her talk made me feel very grateful for the blessings in my own life.

Danielle said...

This was my first time at M2M and I was so impressed! For starters as busy as it was at the registration table I was greeted with nothing but smiles and hello's and the mentor Moms were so helpful in helping me find my way around. It was everything and more I had hoped it to be and I had a wonderful morning. Such an outpouring of positive energy, just what I need in my life. Thank you Catherine for introducing me to M2M and I look forward to meeting so many more wonderful, inspiring women and learing from you all.
Danielle Pinkerotn

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed what a fantastic job. I can see the many hours and love that went into this blog. Thanks to Catherine Shelley and all who participated . GREAT JOB!

Jackie - mm

xo

Genny said...

What a great morning! Definetly worth waiting all summer for! Kelly's story was so amazing and inspirational, I couldn't, like many others, hold back the tears. I was also so happy to see such a great turn out this session, so many new faces! The blog looks great, keep up the good work.

Danielle said...

What an amazing and much anticipated morning! I can't wait for next week!

Anonymous said...

Hey girls,
Thank you so much Catherine for doing this blog. I love that even though I am on the other side of the country I can still catch up with my Mom2Mom girls. I miss you all very much. It looks like you had a great first day. I wish I could have been there.
Michelle Holladay